This Week’s Quotation:
Fear is faith in that which we do not want. We need to have faith in the right thing, not in the wrong thing against which we would struggle or fight, as the case may be, in the ordinary pattern of things. If we have so much faith in the thing that we are going to eliminate we are not going to make much progress, because we have more faith in that than we do in that for which we stand. We need to have faith in our own pattern of life. We need to have faith in our ability to deal with this problem. We are not belittling the problem, but fear of it certainly devastates us.Lloyd Arthur Meeker
Faith in Life
These words from Lloyd Arthur Meeker were relevant and true when he spoke them in 1954. They are just as true today and even more relevant to the state of the world as it is.
Saying it more personally, It is really good for me to remember this truth and remember to practice it.
How about for you?
To do any good, faith has to withstand uncertainty. What good is a faith that doesn’t? Uncertainty is why we need faith. And faith is what we embrace, even more, the more uncertainty we face.
To put it another way, faith is certainty in the face of uncertainty. But what can we be sure of, no matter what?
Here is my short list of what I know with a certainty. I will use the first person, believing that these statements are true for anyone.
- I am loved by the universe.
- I am totally forgiven in this instant by the irrepressible power of love.
- I love my life, not because it conforms to all my wishes, but because I choose to love it for what it is.
- I love the people in my life more than they will ever know.
- The power of love in me is life-giving.
- The power of love creates.
- I have the ability to face the issues in my life creatively.
- Everything that is destructive eventually destroys itself.
- I am life incarnating as me, not my personality.
- In the end, life is victorious.
This faith brings me into Attunement, and it amplifies the Attunement current through my entire being.
What is Attunement?
Attunement is a consciousness practice and an energy medicine practice that leads to personal spiritual regeneration.